Make these tonight! Healthy Turkey Meatloaf Stuffed Pepper Recipe that’s also stuffed with Homemade Mashed Potatoes. It’s a quick and easy dinner recipe for a home cooked family meal.
this post contains affiliate links – if you make a purchase through the link we earn a commission, thanks for supporting our site!
Who doesn’t love packages? Make this simple dinner that becomes instant fun for the whole family. We use a healthy turkey meatloaf and then you could use our vegan mashed potatoes or even our roasted garlic mashed potatoes to top it.
When choosing your peppers, make sure they are free of any shriveling, cracks, blemishes and soft spots. I like to make sure they can stand up on their own for easy stuffing and cooking. If you have trouble standing them upright you can cut the bottom slightly to make a flat bottom.
Fill the pepper half way with ground turkey, close the top with the stem of the pepper, put in the oven and bake away. When the turkey is cooked, you can then scoop the mashed potatoes in on top of the turkey.
Products we used:
Our daughter had so much fun filling the pepper with mashed potatoes. This recipe is easy and kid friendly. I noticed when our daughter is involved with the cooking/prepping ; she’s more excited about eating whatever it is we’re making.
When using peppers we prefer to use yellow, orange, and red. Green peppers are a bit more bitter, whereas the others are sweet since they were able to mature fully.
Get the whole family involved. Make food fun. When using colors you can let everyone pick out which color they want to eat.
Try this fun take on the traditional stuffed pepper recipe!
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup milk
- ⅛ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ cup, chopped onion
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs, plain
- ½ teaspoon parsley, dried
- ½ teaspoon basil, dried
- ½ teaspoon oregano, dried
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cumin, ground
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 6 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 2 cup potatoes, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients, aside from the pepper and mashed potatoes.
- Spoon the meatloaf mixture into the peppers so that they're about half way full.
- Smear top of meatloaf with a little mix of ketchup and a tiny bit of Worcestershire sauce if you want more flavor on the top.
- Place the stuffed peppers into a safe oven dish and cover the peppers with the tops.
- To help peppers soften, pour in half a cup of water and cover the dish with tinfoil.
- Cook the peppers for about 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Once the peppers are done place in a spoonful of mashed potatoes and put the tops back on for serving.
- *Note the peppers will have a bit of liquid in them, just poke a small hole on the bottom and allow the liquid to drain out before serving.
As you can see we don’t use sauce, however, you may if you prefer. To get the peppers soft, we use a bit of water in the bottom. When you cover it with the tinfoil, it will create a steam bath and steam the peppers.